Welcome to Year 3!
This term our topic is Tribal Tales. We will be finding out when the Stone Age took place and how people lived. We will be reading Stone Age Boy and Little Nose.
For information and photographs about our learning activities, please log on to the Seesaw account for your/your child's class at Seesaw.
The Year 3 Teaching Team
- Please note that our PE days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday this term.
- Please can you ensure you read and sign the home school agreement in the front of your child's organiser.
- Organisers should be in school every day and go home every night. Your child's organiser will be checked in Friday for reads and will be signed by the class teacher.
Reading and Homework
- It is very important to hear your child read on a regular basis, therefore the school asks that an adult hears each child read at least 3 times a week. When you hear your child read, please make sure that you record it in their organiser. Some children may have two books. One will be a phonics book to support them in applying sounds that they have just learnt and the other will be a book to read for pleasure.
- Spellings are given out on Fridays and stuck into each child's organiser so that they can practise them at home. We practise the words in class each day before completing a spelling test on Friday.
- Maths homework will start during this term. More details to follow.