School Meals are cooked at Cotmanhay School Kitchens and served in our school dining hall. Dinners cost £3.25 per day or £16.25 per week. Children can opt to alternate between sandwich and school dinner options if they do no like what is on offer on the menu on a particular day. Children simply notify their class teacher during the daily register.
Parents can pay via School Money - please speak to our School Business Assistant, Mrs Green for a user ID and password.
Could your child be eligible for free school meals
Year 3 and above
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on: paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit: if you apply on or after 1 April 2018, your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Applying for free school meals
We use the Department for Education's free school meals eligibility checking system, meaning you will receive an instant result notification and the school will be informed.
To apply, you will be required to register and provide:
- your National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service Reference Number
- your family name
- your date of birth
- you may also be required to upload a copy of your benefit document