P.E days for 3SA are Mondays or Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please ensure that your child has the correct P.E kit in school all week so he/she is able to fully take part.
New spellings will be given out every Monday and will be written into the child's organiser. Spelling tests will take place the following Monday morning.
It is very important to hear your child read on a regular basis, therefore the school asks that an adult hears each child read at least 3 times a week. Please make sure if you hear your child read, you record it in their organiser as children will not be able to change their reading book unless an adult has heard them read.
Whilst reading with your child you could check their understanding further by asking key questions, such as:
- Can you describe the setting?
- Can you predict what might happen next?
- What can you tell me about that character's personality?
- Who was the main character in the book?
- From the title/heading, can you predict what the text will be about?
- Why do you think …..?
- Why did …..?
Top tips for staying safe online!
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.