Parents with children whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response are eligible to attend school. However it is important to emphasise for your child’s own safety, that every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
If, after following these principles, your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors and you cannot keep your child safe at home, then your child will be prioritised for education provision. In order to make these arrangements, please contact the school office directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- This provision will take place at Granby Junior School between 8.55am - 3.25pm (Monday to Friday).
- Breakfast Club and After School Club is not available.
In the event this can no longer happen, due to staffing shortages, you will of course be notified with immediate effect and provided with details of an alternative provision.