Before Christmas, year 5 took part in an enterprise activity where we made a variety of different gifts that we sold at the school christmas fayre. In total, we managed to raise £200 for our year group, which will be put towards activities for the children and further enterprise activities. The children all really enjoyed the experience and I am exceptionally proud of all they achieved! Well done year 5 and thank you to everyone who supported and helped us to achieve this!
Throughout the week, children have the opportunity to earn do jo dollars, this is for good behaviour, excellent work and even extra reading! On a Friday, the do jo store opens and children are given the opportunity to spend or save their dollars! This is a picture of our store in action!
Staying Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Information for Year 5
1) Please listen to your child read 3 times a week and sign the school organiser.
2) Homework will be given out on a Friday and expected in on a Wednesday.
3) Creative homework will also be given to the children and due dates/ date of issue will be recorded in their organiser.
4) PE days are currently on a Tuesday, however PE kit needs to be in school everyday.
5) Swimming will be on a Thursday afternoon for the first half of the year.
6) All children have timestable rockstars logins and purple mash in their organisers. These can be accessed from home and are a good way for children to practise their timestable and computing skills at home.
Please feel free to contact me if their are any questions!