Welcome to Year 4 - Mr Mitchell!
Your teacher will very soon be filling this page with exciting class news, pictures of things we’ve done and more.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let you Teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.
New year - new name !
A warm welcome back to all the children in 4M.
We have lots of exciting learning opportunities to look forward to this year, beginning with our "Traders and raiders" history topic. Over the next few weeks we will learn all about the ancient Saxon and Viking invasions of Britain.
You may also have heard that all classes are going to be given new names this year. Appropriately, 4M will from now on be known as ....... The Vikings !
The internet is a fantastic learning resource that we expect all children in year four to take full advantage of. However, we all must be aware of some basic rules to keep us safe online.
Staying Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
As part of our new topic: playlist, we took part in our engage experience on the 22nd February by having a theatre experience. The children received a theatre ticket and programme for Shrek the musical. We then gathered as a year group and watched the show with special treats such as popcorn and ice cream!
What a fantastic morning!