Welcome to Class 4Ma!
This half term we will be studying the topic Potions, where we will be studying all about solids, liquids and gases.
Creative homework that links with this particular topic will be given out shortly, children are advised to pick one piece and spend some quality time completing it.
P.E days for 4Ma are Wednesdays, please ensure that your children have the correct P.E kit in school all week so they are able to fully take part.
Please can you ensure you read and sign all of the policies in the front of your child's organiser. This is very important as failure to sign the e-safety policy will mean that your child will be unable to use any device that can access the internet in school.
Spellings will be given out every Monday and will be written in the children's organisers. Children will be tested on their spellings every Friday morning.
It is very important to hear your child read on a regular basis, therefore the school asks that an adult hears each child read at least 3 times a week. Please make sure if you hear your child read you record it in their organiser as children will not be able to change their reading book unless an adult has heard them read.
Whilst reading with your child you could check their understanding further by asking key questions, such as:
Staying Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.